Do you have questions about Bible prophecy? I know I do. Well I’m please to say that you are likely to find answers to some of those questions in Ron Rhodes latest offering – Bible Prophecy Answer Book: Everything You Need to Know About the End Times. Written from a dispensational – pretribulation perspective, Mr. Rhodes applies his considerable knowledge and straightforward style to answering some of the most commonly asked questions about the Bible’s prophetic record.
In this book Mr. Rhodes looks at 24 prophetic themes or topics, devoting a chapter to each. The chapters then explore these themes in a question and answer style. Here’s a taste of some of the topics covered in the book:
- Chapter 2: God and Prophecy
- Chapter 5: The Covenants and Biblical Prophecy
- Chapter 9: America in Prophecy
- Chapter 10: The Ezekiel Invasion
- Chapter 11: The Rapture of the Church
- Chapter 16: Religion During the Tribulation Period
- Chapter 19: The Millennial Kingdom
- Chapter 22: The New Heavens, New Earth, and New Jerusalem
There is a wealth of Biblical knowledge in this book which is explained in plain terms that anyone can appreciate. I’ve read several of Mr. Rhodes books over the years and I’ve come to respect his appreciation for Bible prophecy and the straight forward way of exploring the subject without hype or needless sensationalism.
– – – – – – – – – –
In what I intend to be respectful and hopefully constructive criticism there were two topics in this book where I felt Mr. Rhodes did not provide a reasonable level of Biblical evidence for his interpretation of specific prophecies. This book is billed as an answer to “everything” you need to know about Bible prophecy. I know this is just the title of a book but in the following two areas I don’t think the book lives up this bold claim.
- Daniel’s 70 Weeks
- The Ezekiel Invasion
The reason I bring this up is that both topics are incredibly important to Mr. Rhodes eschatological framework of end times events. These topics are pillars upon which Mr. Rhodes then interprets other aspects of Bible prophecy in this book. Because of their central role to Mr. Rhodes eschatological world view, the reader deserves to understand how Mr. Rhodes arrived at his interpretation of the prophecies related to Ezekiel 38-39 and Daniel 9. Here are a few examples of unanswered questions which the reader needs to be aware of so that they evaluate the strength or weakness of Mr. Rhodes interpretation.
~~Regarding Daniel 9 –
- Why is the death of Ezra’s father important to the prophecy of 70 Weeks?
- Why do Biblical scholars insert an unjustified 60 years gap in the chronology between Ezra 6 & 7?
- Who is the “Artaxerxes” of Ezra 6 & 7?
- How is the Exponential Decay Curve (as explained by [[ASIN:0736964371 Hindson and Ice]]) taken into account as it relates to the age of Ezra, Nehemiah and the Priests and Levites of the 2nd temple era?
- Why isn’t the “commandment” (dabar) of YHWH the living God of the Bible (Hag. 1, Zech. 1, Ezra 6) used to begin Daniel 9:25 and the countdown to the Messiah?
- Why is a Biblical reckoning of time (365.24/29.53) not used when interpreting the prophecy of Daniel 9?
- Does the Bible really use two calendars? (360/30 & 365.24/29.53)
- What does the “covenant” of Daniel 9:4 tell us about the “covenant” of Daniel 9:27?
- Why do scholars believe the messianic focus of the prophecy of 70 Weeks changes to the Anti-Christ for the last 1.4% of the prophecy?
~~Regarding the Ezekiel Invasion:
- Why is the context of Israel dwelling securely (yashab betach) as seen in Leviticus 26, Jer. 32, Eze. 28, 34, and Zech. 14 not explored as it relates to the timing of the Gog and Magog invasion.
- What are the only two places in the Scripture that described Israel dwelling securely with “none to make them afraid”?
- Why are these verses important to determining when this invasion takes place?
– – – – – – – – – – –
In summary, even though I don’t agree with Mr. Rhodes on every aspect of Bible prophecy, this book is a wonderful resource on the Bible’s prophetic record. Any student of the subject would be well served in exploring this book. When you are done I’d encourage you to open your own Bible and see if these things be so.
FREE Book Download:
If you are interested in Biblical history and Bible prophecy, you might also appreciate my books in the Prophecies and Patterns series.
At the following link you may download one of the three books shown below. If you like the book and would like to download the other two, all I ask is that you subscribe to my blog: The 13th Enumeration where history and the Bible meet with evidence for the promised Messiah Yeshua (Jesus).
Rest assured I won’t share your email or spam you with advertisements or other requests. Just every couple of weeks I’ll share with you my love of Biblical history and Bible Prophecy. Should you decide you no longer wish to be a subscriber you can unsubscribe at any time.
Click the following link to download your Free book: Book Download
I hope you’ll join the adventure!
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Author: Ron Rhodes
Book Title: – Bible Propehcy Answer Book: Everything You Need to Know About the End Times
Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn
Book Reviewed by: William Struse